Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Adoption Birthday Goober!

I know that this is completely unrelated to anything weddings, but I wanted to take a minute from my busy day and celebrate the joy and love that our wonderful dog, Goober, has brought into me and my husband's (and many others) lives over the past year. :-)

One year ago, my husband and I grabbed all our "puppy prep" items (lease, collar, treats...) that we spent the prior two weeks researching, buying, and double checking, hopped into the car and made the mini road trip to pick up our beloved Goobster. We drove about an hour east of our house ready to pick up the newest addition of our family with our emotions going wild - so excited, a tad nervous, very anxious, yet so ready to love this little bundle of joy. And love we did. As soon as we stepped out of our car and saw our little pup, we knew we had adopted the perfect pal for us. He was so eager to meet us and ready to love us right back.

A year later and Goober still gives us all the love in the world. I rush home after a busy day at work or running around and without doubt he is waiting at the door for me - so excited and happy to see me (and the hubs!). He follows me around the house no matter what I may be up to - helping with laundry, cleaning, cooking (and patiently waiting for some scraps), working outside - you name it and he is right there by my side. On bad days, he is there to comfort me - letting me know that it will all be okay. I never was a big "dog person," but after adopting our wonderful, lovable, perfect companion Goober, I am not exactly sure how I survived without him. He has brought my husband and I so much in this last year and I just wanted to take a minute and give him some credit where credit is deserved.

Happy Adoption Birthday Goober!
Thanks for being the best darn pup we could ever ask for.


Picking up the Goobster...





























































A Year Later...
























No comments:

Post a Comment